2013년 9월 30일 월요일

Define success

If I were to define success, I would say that success is an accomplishment of an aim or purpose. What I think of success is not like a big achievement. I think that succeed can refer to anything that we achieve. Whether the goal is small or big, as long as you achieve it, I think it is considered a succeed. I personally have a lot of achievements done so I always have a positive thinking in my head that I am successful. If I think positively, things just get better. You feel good. I will now state several examples of my achievements:
For example, when I graduated as freshmen and when I went up to tenth grade, things got a lot harder and difficult. Especially our AR class, which is a class where we read books and take tests relating to the book through a program. Each books have different points you could earn according to their level and the length. When I was a freshmen, I only needed about 20 points. As I went up to tenth grade, things got a lot challenging. I needed at least 60 points to pass. It is easy for some other people to get 60 points because they read a lot of books and they enjoy it. I personally don’t really like reading books so I have a hard time with it. Also, the other people that’s good at reading have a high reading level and they would mostly understand very quickly so they can read a book quickly. For me, I am a slow reader and it takes a while for me to finish one book. Another reason why I cannot finish a book fast is because I have other big loads of work I have to do, since I was a sophomore. I literally had tests every week and homework every day. The hardest class AP US history class, well of course, because it is a college level course. So, my goal for the freshmen year was to actually read a lot and get my 60 points because I was very worried about not getting my points and therefore resulting in a bad GPA. So I actually read a lot during freshmen year and actually got up to more than 60 points. Since I have achieved my own little goal, I can determine it as a success.  
         Another example of an achievement is when I couldn't score a goal for soccer in one of the season. I wanted to score at least 6 goals at that season but it turned out bad. I ended up with zero goals. So, i worked hard before the next season started. I ran and practiced nearly everyday. I actually started improving after I practiced a lot. The next season, i ended up with 10 goals. I scored more than i had expected and i was very happy to achieve my goal. I can call this succeed because i had achieved my goal. This was one of my greatest achievements and i am looking for a greater success by scoring more goals and putting up my goal up a higher and harder. This way, you can get a better success. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기