2013년 9월 16일 월요일

Should SIS allow students to use the cell phones during school day or not?

           I personally think SIS should allow students to use cellphones during school. First of all, I would like to emphasize the importance of cell phones. Cell phones can help you in anything. Cell phones are always there in case of emergency. There are a lot of kinds of emergency. I am going to explain about a lot of emergency situations since the main reason is emergency.
         For cellphone use, there are two kinds of emergency. The first emergency is the really urgent emergency. For example, when one of your family members pass away, you have to get that call from your parents to notify you or if your family member who passed away is in another country, you have to get that call as soon as possible. So cellphones should be always turned on for students to get that call. This kind of emergency is the most urgent and the most important type of emergency.
         The second type of emergency I am going to talk about is the emergency a little bit below the major emergency. What I am saying is that this type of emergency is still important but a little bit lower than the major emergency, like the example I showed in the above paragraph. An example for this kind of emergency is for example, when I leave a homework in home, I can always use my phone to call my parents to bring it to school again. I described this situation as a little bit lower emergency because the worst thing you could get is an F. I am not saying that getting an F is not important but it is still less important than the example I mentioned in the above paragraph.
         Another example of a lower emergency is if I leave like a volleyball, soccer, or a basketball uniform for a game afterschool, I can call my mom or dad to bring it to school so I wouldn’t have to be late for my game afterschool. This would be good because then I do not have to go to my house again, I can go straight to the game with no problems. These are several reasons why students should use cellphones in school.

         Another reason why a school should allow students to use cellphones is entertainment. Students should have fun. I am not saying that students should use cellphones during classes, I am saying at least during breaks and lunch time. Because that why students will have fun in school. Currently, I personally think SIS is not a free school. I believe it is a strict school. We cannot even use our phones during breaks or cannot even be seen to a teacher. Students should have at least some fun with their friends during lunch time and break time. They could talk about a new app or show each other some entertaining stuffs to each other through a cellphone. In that way, I think students can notice that they should play and have fun during breaks and study during their classes and lecture times. Another important things is that this can improve friendship for some people and improve their social skills. Improving social skills are very important, especially in school. This friendship can avid bullying and teasing. So I had stated several reasons why SIS should allow students to use phones and be ready to check out my next blog. See you.   

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기